Taking Care of You is a multi-session program offering practical strategies and experiences to help you deal with the stress in your life. Managing life’s challenges in a healthy way allows you to take better care of yourself and your overall health. Each week you will explore topics through small group discussion, self-reflections and activities.
When: September 20, 2017 9:00am-3:00pm
Where: JP Coughlin Center, 625 E County Rd Y, Oshkosh, WI 54901
Activities of the program are aimed at increasing mindfulness, positive emotions, optimism, resliliency to stress, coping skills, and self care of one’s mind, body, and spirit.
Participants will learn strategies to:
- Take better care of all aspects of your health – body, mind, and spirit
- Become more aware of the mind-body connection and how to use this awareness to improve your health
- Respond with thought verses reacting automatically to life’s stressors
- Discover opportunities in life’s challenges
- Develop healthier habits that can lead to a healthier you
- Find ways to become a happier person
- Simplify your life
- Live more in the moment
This program can be modified to fit your time schedule.
Who should attend?
- Human Services Staff
- Community-Members interested in wellness
- Volunteer Managers
- Wellness Professionals
- Not-For-Profit Staff and Leaders
- Medical Professionals
- Religious Leaders
- Youth Workers
You will leave with the tools to improve your own life, the life of your colleagues and your customers.
Participants will be certified to teach this curriculum at teh completion of the day.
Registration is $20 per person for the course, with refreshments, flash drive with materials, and access to Google Drive materials. Register by September 13 to ensure enough materials on hand.
Registration form and brochure here: Taking Care of You Brochure